Saturday, February 5, 2011

VOLUME Two Review by Eric

Brad Adams - Change

Awesome with the trombone(?)! Hah this song is so great. I'm at a loss for words. It does exactly whatever it was meant to do.

Cameron King - All We Soldiers

First of all, I really like the artwork for this one. Second, I really like this track. The layers and textures are nice with the piano and all the strings. The vocals are bold, pushing the limits of the voice. Bravo!

Eric Putnam - Night Time

I think my speakers just took a shit. Sorry, bud.

Lobster Shanty and the Crab Rangoons - Friends of Mine

There isn't enough of this kind of music around these days. This kind of vocal-reliant rock. Simple instrumental parts but the vocal melody plays a large role in the music. And I like the free feeling. Reminds me of Spacehog. 90s brit-rock. Which is a good thing. I'm really enjoying this submission.

Logan Bradley - Formulas

This may be my favorite album of Record Time VI. I really really like the drum work, especially on Eighth Day and Neon Cast. It's hard-hitting and creates a great texture. I like the variety found on this album. From Gin Soaked to Neon Cast to Of Time to the soul-splitting blasting on Throats. Of Time especially reminds me of Chris Cornell and his old team of fellows (Soundgarden). It's interesting to hear 90s influences throughout this whole Record Time. Maybe I'm only hearing it because I want to, but I feel like there are some clear influences. Anyways, thanks for this one Logan. It's a goodie!

Mike Weber - Flower

Mike and I discussed this album last night. So. He already knows how many sighs this album gets. Mike Pounds would be proud and probably would have added some pocket reverb.

Paul Marquissee - Bringer

Wow, this is raw talent. I heard through the grapevine the voice we hear is the wife. Gorgeous voice supported by great instrumentals. It's amazing this came to be in a week or less. I read somewhere that you hoped not to do something so avant garde, but if that's a peer pressure thing don't let it be. This feels like you were comfortable in this area of music and if that's the case, go for gold! I really enjoyed listening to this. It really opened up the scope for Record Time.


1 comment:

  1. The main reason I want to try something less avant-garde is because I'm not as practiced/experienced at creating pop sounding material and RT is a good practice medium. I really appreciate your comments on my stuff. Thanks again!

    ReplyDelete