Friday, February 4, 2011

COMMENTS (From the producer of Lake Euclid)

These are the things that caught my ear...

ANDREW MILLER: Holy God. Whatever movie these tracks were in, I would go see. They’re Hacking The Mainframe! is awfully exciting. Limbo of Infants? I’ve heard pieces of serious art music that weren’t as well conceived. Well done indeed.

CAMERON KING: Beautiful, affected lyrics, arrangement, and melody. I’d like to hear more of your music. Hell, I wouldn’t mind making some with you.

FIVE MINUTE FANCLUB: Loved the lazy organic vibe on Great Plains and the cassette tape rawness of For The Love, though I don’t understand how taping other peoples’ performances amounts to writing tracks for an album.

FLAVOR TOWN VOICE POTENTIAL: Lots of, um, potential in the song The One About That Girl. I’d love to hear it produced up.

LAKE EUCLID: Hit and miss. Love You Anyway features some solid arranging, but probably the gayest guitar solo I have ever heard. Pulled Myself Through is a giant fucking turd of a song, but I did appreciate the intro. You Won’t Know… now we’re talking… pretty serious shit, but you need to work on that ending there, homeboy.

LOGAN BRADLEY: A Diva is a female version of a hustler.

LUXI: Fuck yeah. Really diggin’ the ambient, smart, modern vibe. I will actually play Coral Castle and Wrecktronix after this is all over, which I can’t say of any of the other tracks, aside from possibly my own You Won’t Know. I’d love to hear what you can do when you’re not limited to a week.

STRANGE BATTERY: So I’m playin’ through all this silly, crazy, creativity orgy, and then I hear Finally. Ahhhhhhh :) Seriously though, I don’t know how a person can be so creative and free, and I envy it.

2 comments:

  1. "A Diva is a female version of a hustler."

    I have no idea what this means. Am I offended or flattered?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha! It's just that 'Diva' by Beyonce was all I could think of when I heard the intro to 'Eighth Day' :) It's actually pretty bangin, and it actually reminds me more of 'Kids' by Sleigh Bells. Sorry, couldn't resist the joke :)

    ReplyDelete